This privacy notice tells you how we use and look after the personal information you give us. This includes the information you provide when you make a booking with us or use our services, the choices you have about our communications with you and the marketing offers you want to receive. This notice tells you about the privacy rights you have.
The data protection laws are changing on 25th May 2018. This Privacy Notice aims to be consistent with the new regulations and may be updated between now and 25th May 2018 as more guidance becomes available.
1.0 Who we are
1.1 Your information will be held by PlayFootball Ltd, which is part of The Sports and Leisure Group Ltd.
1.2 References to “our website” in this Privacy Notice are to www.playfootball.net and other subdomains including but not limited to playerslounge.playfootball.net
1.3 You may contact our privacy officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to: Privacy Officer, PlayFootball Ltd, 1st Floor The Mill, Abbey Mill Business Park, Eashing, Surrey, GU7 2QJ.
2.0 What the Data Protection law says
2.1 PlayFootball can only use the personal information that you share with us if we have a valid lawful reason to do so.
These are the reasons that we use your personal data:
- When we are fulfilling a contract with you (for example, when you are making a booking with us or come to use one of our services)
- When it is our legal duty for business reasons (for example, to keep records of our sales for our accounts)
- When it is our legal duty for operational, health and safety and safeguarding reasons (for example, for our accident reporting procedures and to comply with safeguarding legislation)
- When it is in your vital interests (for example, if we need to share medical or contact information with the emergency services should you have a serious accident whilst playing football or using our services)
- When it is in our legitimate interests (for example, record keeping consistent with operating a leisure business and feedback to help us improve our services)
- When you have consented to it (for example, so that we can send you details of offers or promotions)
3.0 What are the PlayFootball services?
3.1 We refer to services; we mean the things you can do when you come to a PlayFootball venue or join a league. We offer:
- Football and futsal leagues and tournaments
- A ringer service (players who are available to join teams on an ad-hoc basis) o Block and casual booking of pitches
- Pay and play football
- Football Camps
- Children parties
- Venue hire for events
- Further onsite activities such as Zorbing and Trampolining
- Public internet access
- Education campus activities
- Corporate events and meetings
4.0 What personal data to we collect and why?
4.1 When booking services:
- When you purchase services from us, we ask you for your name, your contact telephone number
and your email address. We use your information to manage your booking, handle your
enquiries and prepare our sites and staff ready for your booking
- If you pay by credit or debit card, we take that information and pass it to a third-party payment
processor to complete the payment. We do not store credit or debit card details in our systems.
- If you choose to pay for an ongoing service by credit or debit card, we use a facility provided by a
third-party subscription processor to take those future payments when required
4.2 When booking Junior Activities:
- We take parent or guardian’s contact details of children who attend a junior activity. We take the child’s name and date of birth. When you attend we will ask you to supply some medical information about your child. We require this medical information for Health and Safety purposes. We will store your contact details to confirm your booking with us
4.3 When attending Junior Activity:
- We take parent or guardian’s contact details of children who attend a Junior activity. We take the child’s name and date of birth. When you attend we will ask you to supply some medical information about your child. We require this medical information for Health and Safety purposes
4.4 When applying for a Community membership:
- We take a parent or guardian’s contact details of children who are applying for a Community membership. We take the child’s name, address, date of birth and a photo. We will store both these contact details in a closed system to confirm your membership with us
4.5 When attending a Community session:
- We ask to see the child’s Community membership card before allowing them onto the pitches
- On the card is the child’s name, photo, school year and child’s postcode. Once this has been verified, we allow them onto the pitches
4.6 When participating in a PlayFootball league:
- If you join one of our leagues, we use your information to help operate the teams within the league. This includes keeping track of who is in each team, acquiring player contact details, recording who has scored in league games and to enable our referees to report disciplinary offences to the Football Association (FA) when required by FA rules
4.7 When booking a Zorbing activity:
- When you book a Zorbing activity, we take the contact details of the person making the booking o Where the booking is for children, we take the parent or guardian’s contact details and we take the child’s name and date of birth
- When you attend we will ask you to supply medical information about each participant. We require this medical information for Health and Safety purposes. We will store your contact details to confirm your booking with us
4.8 When attending a Zorbing activity:
- When you arrive for your booking, we take the contact details of participants who are attending the activity. We take their name, DOB, phone number and email address, and we take medical information about each participant. We require this information for Health & Safety purposes and the Zorbing disclaimer.
- Our venues have CCTV to help keep you safe on site. There are CCTV notices clearly displayed at the venues. CCTV footage may be passed to law enforcement agencies and used to investigate crimes or anti-social behaviour. CCTV footage is destroyed after 30 days provided there have been no reported incidents which require investigation. If there are incidents requiring investigation the data will be kept for a minimum of 3 years.
4.10 IP Address:
- This is a string of numbers unique to your internet connection that is recorded by our webserver when you request any page or component on the website. We use this to monitor your usage of the website so that we can check which parts of the website are working the best, and work out how to improve our service to you.
4.11 For marketing purposes:
- Whenever you contact us, we will ask you whether you would like to receive details of offers and promotions from us or from selected PlayFootball partners. If you consent to this, we will use this information to tailor offers we believe are appropriate to the services you have used.
- Sometimes we put in place broadcast, filming, photography and/or recording equipment at the Centres. We only take pictures of players who play on block booked pitches or who play in league teams or have given consent to being recorded via contract or consent. If there is a photographer on site they will ask whether you consent to having your photo taken. Sometimes this is displayed as a ‘consent to photography notice’. These photographs are used in PlayFootball marketing promotions.
4.12 We do not:
- Use the information you provide to make any automated decisions or profiling that might affect you
- Sell your data.
5.0 What do we do with your personal information?
5.1 Your information is stored in our systems which are based within the European Union.
5.2 We use an international third-party payment processor for credit and debit card payments, who is based in the USA and certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
5.3 We use an international third-party subscription processor for scheduled credit and debit card payments, which is based in the USA and certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
6.0 How long do we keep your personal information for?
We keep your information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we obtained it.
Information that is no longer needed is destroyed securely.
6.1 When booking services:
- When you book a service with us, we retain that data until the service is fulfilled plus six years to deal with any queries or claims thereafter.
- We keep records of financial transactions for six years to meet our obligations to HMRC.
- In relation to any information where we reasonably believe it will be necessary to defend or prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party, we may retain that data for as long as that claim could be pursued.
6.2 When participating in a PlayFootball league:
- We keep records of players participating in our league until the league is over, plus six years to deal with queries, to facilitate organising subsequent leagues and because all league agreements are classified as financial documents.
- When attending Junior Activities:
- We erase parent or guardian’s contact details 3 years after the activity. This is in case of any claims relating to the activity.
6.3 When attending a community session:
- We erase parent or guardian’s contact details 3 years after the activity. This is in case of any claims relating to the activity.
6.4 When attending a Zorb Activity:
- When booking a Zorbing activity with us, we retain the data until the service is fulfilled plus six years to deal with any queries or claims thereafter
6.5 For marketing purposes:
- If you tell us you wish to receive details of marketing offers and promotions, you have the right to remove or modify this consent at any point. We make it easy for you to change your preferences by reminding you how every time we contact you
- If we don’t hear from you again or you don’t book a service after two years we remove your data from our marketing database
7.0 Who do we share your personal information with?
PlayFootball has its own pitches and venues, but we also use pitches and venues owned by other parties, often local authorities. We will share some of your personal information with these parties when required to do so for Health and Safety reasons.
7.1 We provide pitch booking services on behalf of other parties:
- Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL), who operate sports and leisure facilities for local authorities under the “Better” brand
- Rugby Football Union (RFU), who also operate under the “England Rugby” brand
We do not transfer your personal information to these organisations, but we do allow them to read your name and contact details so that they can support you when you arrive at one of their sites, or contact you should an event occur that may affect your booking, such as severe weather.
7.2 We work in partnership with She Can Play, a female focused coaching brand, to develop the sport of Football amongst girls and women. We do not transfer your personal information to She Can Play but we do allow them to read your name and contact details, so they can support you when turning up at site.
7.3 We work in partnership with The FA to grow girls and women’s football nationally. The initiative we work on is FA Wildcats. As part of this programme we share information with The FA, this includes child’s name and date of birth and contact information.
7.4 We work in partnership with My Local Pitch to deliver casual bookings. We do not transfer your personal information to My Local Pitch
7.5 If you take part in a PlayFootball league, PlayFootball will share your name and telephone number with our FA accredited referees. Some of these are independent from us and work for us on contract.
8.0 Rights over your personal information
8.1 By law, you have the following rights:
- You can ask us what information we hold about you and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. We will respond to you within 30 days
- You can ask us to give you a copy of the information
- You can ask us to stop using your information if you believe we are not doing so lawfully
- You can ask us to erase your information provided we do not need to keep it for overriding regulatory, contractual, health and safety purposes, or for our legitimate interests such as defending a personal injury claim
8.2 If you would like to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you, please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to: Privacy Officer, PlayFootball Ltd, 1st Floor The Mill, Abbey Mill Business Park, Eashing, Surrey, GU7 2QJ
9.0 Your right to complain
9.1 If you have a complaint about our use of your information, please do get in touch with us. Let us know the details of your complaint, plus your contact details including address by writing to us at the address below or by emailing: email@example.com
9.2 You may also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about our use of your personal data. You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or write to them at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
10.0 Document Control
10.1 This Privacy Notice will be formally reviewed on an annual basis, as a minimum, or if required changes are identified to address one or more of the following:
A change in business activities, which will or could possibly affect the organisation’s ability to fully comply with GDPR and other related data protection requirements
A change in the way in which the Company manages personal data, or specifically the activities related to data processing which are outsourced to third party data processors
A change in data protection regulations or associated legislative requirements related to the use of third party data processors, or the legal bases for their engagement
An identified shortcoming in the effectiveness of this Procedure for example as a result of a data breach, Supervisory Authority investigation, formal review or an audit finding
The current version of this Procedure, together with its previous versions, shall be recorded below.
|1||Date Live||5th April 2018|